While researching recruitment software recently, I came across an article related to the united nations intership program.
The internship program can be found at http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/sds/internsh/index.htm
The website states :
The United Nations provides opportunities for students enrolled in a graduate programme to undertake an internship at its Headquarters in New York, Geneva, Vienna, Nairobi, Addis Ababa, Bangkok, Beirut and Santiago.
This Internship Programme is for the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
Eligible candidates interested in participating in an internship at the United Nations Headquarters in New York can apply by visiting the United Nations Human Resources website, also known as “Galaxy”. Please continue to read through our website for more information and guidelines.
The objective of the Internship Programme is threefold:
- to provide a framework by which graduate and post-graduate students from diverse academic backgrounds may be assigned to United Nations Offices where their educational experience can be enhanced through practical work assignments.
- to expose them to the work of the United Nations.
- to provide UN offices with the assistance of highly qualified students specialized in various professional fields.
Checking the eligibility – the following is stated :
To qualify for the United Nations Headquarters Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
1. Applicants must be enrolled in a degree programme in a graduate school (second university degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship; or
2. Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
If you are looking to make a contribution to humanity on a global scale, this is surely an excellent starting place.
There are extensive details at careers.un.org